Some legal matters are straightforward and relatively low risk. Others are complicated and can have lasting repercussions on things such as your health and ability to earn a living. Generally, workers’ compensation claims fall into the latter category, so they warrant hiring a skilled lawyer.
Our experienced workers’ compensation lawyers in Atlanta can help you:
- Get the medical care you need: Your employer or your employer’s insurance company will likely try to assign an Authorized Treating Physician (ATP) to your claim. Do not let them. The recommendations your ATP makes are crucial to the outcome of your case. Our attorneys can help ensure that you receive the care and attention you deserve.
- Avoid delays in your case: We have talked about workers’ compensation delays in the past. Delays can worsen the stress and uncertainty you are experiencing. Our attorneys know how to speed up the process and recover compensation for unwarranted hold-ups.
- Have the best chance at a fair outcome: Insurance companies are in the business of paying you as little as possible. They are notoriously difficult to work with and frequently use tactics to minimize your claim. We will fight to protect your rights under the law.
- Evaluate third-party liability: Workers’ compensation prevents you from suing your employer. However, you can pursue claims against negligent third parties. Our attorneys will investigate the potential for third-party liability to maximize your compensation.
- Minimize the impact on Social Security disability benefits: Your Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits will be reduced if you are also receiving workers’ compensation. However, there are ways to minimize the offset amount. For example, it may help to spread out a lump-sum payment. We will provide more information.
Discuss Your Work Injury for Free
Our workers’ compensation lawyers are committed to helping those who have been injured on the job. To learn how we can help you obtain justice and compensation, call 770-888-8901 today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney. The Law Offices of Humberto Izquierdo, Jr., PC serves Atlanta, Marietta, Cumming, and nearby areas of Georgia.