Most personal injury claims are filed by the injured person, but in cases of wrongful death or catastrophic injury, a family member may file the case on behalf of the deceased or disabled individual. Essentially, anyone who has suffered harm due to an accident caused by someone else's negligence or error is grounds for a personal injury claim.
The process of filing a personal injury claim can be complicated and lengthy without an attorney and may leave you with less than you're owed for your injuries and subsequent suffering. Our lawyer, Humberto Izquierdo, can help determine whether you have a valid case.
What Constitutes a Personal Injury Claim?
These lawsuits can involve injuries caused by any form of accident including:
- Auto accidents such as truck accidents caused by sleep-deprived drivers or car accidents caused by distracted driving.
- Slip and fall accidents such as a puddle of liquid in a store that should have been cleaned up prior to the incident.
- Dog bites from stray or loose pets.
- Medical malpractice or negligence including surgical error, medication error or misdiagnosis.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect inflicted by the caretakers of your loved one.
- Product liability such as toys that pose a fire hazard or are otherwise defective and dangerous.
- Premises liability involving unsafe areas on property owned by an individual, company or government entity.
Schedule your case evaluation at the Law Offices of Humberto Izquierdo, Jr., PC today by calling 770-888-8901. Our attorney serves clients in Georgia including Atlanta, Marietta and Cumming.