Not only does a traumatic brain injury upend the lives of the victim and their family, but it also has an enormous financial toll. A person living with a TBI may be unable to return to work and require long-term care and rehabilitation. If you or a loved one is facing this difficult reality, follow these five tips to seek the full and fair compensation you deserve:
- Document everything: You can make the best case for yourself when you have complete evidence. Preserve as much information as you can from the scene. If the incident happened at work, get a copy of the injury report. If you were hit by a negligent driver, keep their contact and insurance information along with the police report. Photographs and witness statements can also strengthen your argument.
- Fully evaluate your damages: The cost of a brain injury goes far beyond initial medical expenses. On top of treatments, medications, counseling, and rehabilitation, you may need to hire people to help you perform daily tasks. Keep track of all the expenses you have incurred related to your TBI so that you can seek reimbursement.
- Say no to a bad settlement: When you are out of work and facing growing medical expenses, it is tempting to accept the first settlement offer that comes your way. However, you might receive far less compensation than you deserve. Rely on the counsel of your legal team to know when you should hold out for something better.
- Hire competent legal representation: Make sure to choose an attorney who has extensive experience with brain injury cases. Our law firm has obtained successful verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients. We will fight for your best interests every step of the way.
- Don’t let the clock run out: You must file a claim within a certain timeframe. Otherwise, you will forfeit your legal right to request compensation for your brain injury. Let us handle the important deadlines that go into building a winning case.
Schedule Your Free Consultation in Atlanta
Our attorneys can help you receive maximum compensation for your TBI. Call 770-888-8901 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. The Law Offices of Humberto Izquierdo, Jr., PC welcomes clients throughout Georgia, including Atlanta and Marietta.