Back injuries are more common than you may think. The Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics report that nearly 20% of all injuries in the workplace are back related injuries resulting in employee absences. That is a rather large number.
If you have experienced any back related injuries at the workplace, while in a car accident or due to a slip and fall, it is important that you seek a reputable back injury lawyer.
Hiring a personal back injury attorney is crucial if you are to receive the best healthcare and compensation for lost time at work. Insurance companies are not normally inclined to sufficiently compensate back injury victims without adequate legal counsel. Professional back injury lawyers have the experience to negotiate with insurers to give you a better chance at getting the care and recovery you deserve.
Types of common back injuries
The term "back injury" can encompass a number of different conditions. The following are some of the more common types of back injury that can result from car accidents, slip and falls, and workplace accidents.
- Compression fractures
- Pinched nerves
- Broken vertebrae
- Spinal cord injury
- Damaged trachea or larynx
- Slipped, ruptured or herniated disc
- Neck sprains and strains
There Are Several Reasons to Hire an Atlanta Back Injury Lawyer
Back injuries can create lifelong handicaps and can negatively impact you for the rest of your life. These injuries need to be cared for as soon as possible to avoid adverse long-term effects. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you obtain the compensation and care you need in the following ways:
- Insurance companies don’t have your best interests in mind - Let’s face it, insurance companies remain in business because they have trained professionals to whittle down the claims paid out to beneficiaries. With minor back injuries, it is even more important that you seek the help of a back injury attorney, as insurers will try to diminish the legitimacy of your claim.
- Know what damages you are entitled to - A professional back injury lawyer is well versed in personal injury law. They can help you understand what you are entitled to under the law and assist you in calculating the value of your claim before going forth with a lawsuit, if one is needed.
- We negotiate on your behalf - Insurance companies are cunning negotiators. They are trained to take advantage of those that don't have full knowledge of their rights under the law. Having a savvy back injury lawyer to negotiate on your behalf is crucial to getting a just outcome to your personal injury claim.
- Medial care coverage - Medical bills can add up fast and can cause additional stress on an already painful experience. Insurance companies will try to cover as little as possible, but all of your medical bills as well as associated expenses should absolutely be covered if the injury is of no fault of your own. The experienced back injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Humberto Izquierdo, Jr. can help you get the medical coverage and compensation you deserve.
Make Sure You Hire The Best Atlanta Back Injury Lawyer for Your Case
It is important that you do your research and only hire the back injury lawyer that best works for you. Schedule a consultation today with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys.
If you have been severely injured at work, in an accident or as a result of a slip and fall, call the Law Offices of Humberto Izquierdo, Jr., PC at 770-999-9015 today to schedule your free case evaluation. We gladly serve English and Spanish speaking clients in the greater Atlanta area, including Marietta and Cumming.